[Loadstone] A few questions

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Sat Jul 29 23:54:31 BST 2006

Hello,

The horizontal and vertical accuracies are read from the GPS receiver.  It
seams to be directly related to the number of satellites currently in
view.  No tables!

As for WAAS/Egnos, you are correct, pressing the 3 key while in Navigation
mode will tell you what type of fix you have.  If it is a normal fix it
will just say: "GPS fix".  If you locked on to WAAS (North America) or
EGNOS (Europe) it says something else.  I don't think that EGNOS is
working properly yet though I haven't checked the European Space Agency's
web site in a while.

Monty