[Loadstone] Loadstone 0.60

David Tanner david-tanner at peoplepc.com
Sat Jul 29 05:10:31 BST 2006

Well, as for my Nokea 6600 with Talks 3.0.5 you can take a very big sigh!!!  Since I installed Loadstone 0.60 this evening exploration mode is working very nicely, and to say that I am impressed is to put it mildly.

I am impressed with how good the map is in the area around my home, and amazingly the magor street that runs behind our house uses the commonly known name for the road instead of the original name of the road, which almost nobody knows any more.  I mention that because both Trekker and StreetTalk use the original street name.  The road is now known as county road 5.  Ask anybody where county road 5 is and they will know.  But, with Trekker and StreetTalk they refer to this road as Kenwood Trails Road and say nothing about county road 5.  To me it would seem that it would be really confusing to a new person having to travel to that road expecting county road 5 and never finding it with Trekker or StreetTalk.

I also wanted to comment that I am really impressed at how quickly Loadstone finds the RB2110 when loading the program.  My guess would be that it finds within 10 to 15 seconds of the Loadstone software loading, which is considerably better than Trekker, which usually takes 30 seconds or more on my Maestro/Trekker unit.

You guys are doing a fantastic job.  Keep up the good work!