[Loadstone] Which receiver?

Sandberg, Robert robert.sandberg at sap.com
Fri Jul 28 13:02:55 BST 2006

Hi folks!
I found a retailer who has the Garmin P60. When I checked it out on their website, I got confused. I thought it was simply a receiver, which connected the phone with the satellite system. From the list of features, I gathered that it is actually a stand alone unit with a lot of functions already built in to it. See below.
List of 8 items
* 1,000 Waypoints & 20 Routes
* 10,000 Track log points
* Trip computer
* USB & serial interface
* 28 Hours AA battery life
* Compatible with
OSI Trail Master
* 1MB internal memory with preloaded worldwide cities
* Size: 15.5H x 6.1W x 3.3D cm
list end
That seams a rather large item with a lot of onboard stuff, considering I only want it as an accessory  to my mobile. Also it costs EUR225 which seams a bit steep.
Can someone tell me if I'm looking at the wrong item or if we in deed have to get such a heavily equipped gadget?
Cheers,
Robbie