[Loadstone] problems with royaltek rbt2010

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Jul 26 13:02:17 BST 2006

Hi Tasha,

I'm glad you are now able to get a signal and are now able to begin
learning how the program works.

To expand upon what Shawn said, accuracy really does depend on a number of
things:

-satellites in view
-urban conditions such as buildings, trees, obstructions
-occasionally current speed of travel

Most Bluetooth GPS receivers have an accuracy between 3 and 15 metres.
Normally this figure tends to be closer to  3 than to 15 but your GPS
manual should state what you should be able to expect.

Think of marking a point this way.  You are in the centre of a large field
and you create a point.  Your GPS receiver manual states that you can
expect to achieve an accuracy of 8 metres.
The 8 metres radiates from your created point in every direction forming a
circle.  This means any time you enter this virtual circle, you are as
close to your created point as you're going to get.

30 metres is very close in GPS terms.  IN order to really see the power of
GPS, try approaching your created point from a greater distance.

This is not to say it won't work for close distances, you just have to be
able to interpret the feedback your GPS receiver and Loadstone gives you.
This takes practice and experimentation.

To test the route mode, go for a walk - creating relevant points no less
than  100 metres or so apart.  (don't worry if your route is a straight
line)

When you're finished your walk, go into Exploration mode and trace your
route - marking each point with the star key as you go.

Then, press SoftKey1 to enter the options menu and arrow down to File and
press select.  Then arrow down to Save Point List and press select.  Enter
a meaningful name for this route and press select.

Then, to use the route, use SoftKey1 to enter the options menu, arrow down
to File, and press select.  Then, arrow to Load Point List and press
select.  Choose the file containing the route you just saved and press
select.

Then, making sure you are in Navigation mode, turn route mode on in the
functions menu and follow your route buy using the joystick.

I hope this helps and please keep us posted on your progress.

Best regards,
   Monty