[Loadstone] very good

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Wed Jul 19 02:24:26 BST 2006

Hello David.
How many points you can get in to the program depends very much on how much
free memory you have. With the radius you're talking about that's about 30
or 40 thousand points. The program can handle this. If you're loading the
data on to the phone's memory it may or may not handle this depending on how
much is free. The import of something this size might take quite a while as
well. The program's response time doesn't seem to be effected too much after
a certain point.
You may want to upgrade to the latest version, 0.59 just released last
night. There's a fix in that version that should allow large imports to
happen without requiring so much free memory.
There's only one way to know for sure, give it a try and see what happens.
If the whole 30 mile radius won't import at once then try it in smaller
chunks. Just make sure your phone has a good charge for an import of that
size. My rough calculations say that a file of 40000 points will take just
over 73 minutes to import. If you're on phone memory this might go
considerably faster.