[Loadstone] very good

David Tanner david-tanner at peoplepc.com
Wed Jul 19 02:00:08 BST 2006

You bring up an important question for me.  I live about 20 miles from work.  The metro area where I live has a population over 3 million and a large area.  For example, if I figure a radius from downtown Minneapolis to my home it is about 18 miles, and from Downtown Minneapolis to my office in St. Paul it is about 12 miles. The biggest portion of St. Paul is further away from downtown Minneapolis than my office and includes the whole are of the state capitol and state goverment buildings, etc.  Realistically, to include the entire twin cities area it would take at least a 30 mile radius to cover most of the metro area.  Do you think that size map is going to be more than a phone memory is going to be able to handle and process with any kind of speed?