[Loadstone] Exploration mode keys

Ari Moisio arimo at netsonic.fi
Tue Jul 18 08:00:08 BST 2006

Hi Monty & list

  Thanks!

  May i suggest a little  change to exploration key assigments:

- Each number key 1-9 will tell what point is nearest in given direction.

- Shift + key 1-9 will move to given direction.
- Shift + 5 will return to previous point.
- Joysstick works same way  as in navigation mode,  ie up tells if there
are points in same direction as previous movement, down tells previous
point and so on.
- Another possibility is to make two exploration modes, one based on
cardinal directions and other based on relative travel direction. In
latter case  number 2 tells what is front of user, shift 2 moves there, 3
tells nearest point front-rigth, shift 3  turns  travel direction 45
degrees clockwise and moves to nearest point and so on. Number 5 could
tell current  virtual heading and  shift-5 (and shift-8 of course) will
move back to previous point.

btw:  i'll would be interested to translate program and documentation in
finnish as  soon i become more familiar with software.

--
arimo