[Loadstone] Hello everyone and a question about maps

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Tue Jul 18 07:47:28 BST 2006

Hello.
It is possible to create routes. In loadstone these are called marked
points. To do this, go in to exploration mode and navigate to the points you
want on a route. When you get to a point you want press the * key to mark
that point. Once you have the points marked if this is a route you want to
keep you can save it using the save marked points option in the file menu.
Once you have a list of marked points you can use it in a couple of ways.
You can just leave the program in navigation mode and as you approach a
marked point the program will automatically announce that fact. You can also
go in to route mode. This takes all but the marked points out of view. This
can be handy if you just want to follow your marked route without getting
confused by other points in the database. You can also use point mode. This
mode takes all points out of view accept for the next point that you're
approaching along a marked route. This can be used if you're only interested
in knowing what the next point is as you travel.
There will be better documentation on all this written soon hopefully. For
now I hope this makes some sence.