[Loadstone] A question from a newcomer

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sun Jul 16 23:50:25 BST 2006

Hello.
At the moment the software doesn't have routing as such. You can query using
the joystick what points are around you relative to the direction of travel
but the program won't give you directions without being prompted. This is
because the database is made up of individual points with no knowledge of
how they connect to each other. Hopefully this situation will change as more
places make actual street mapping data available. We're also having to deal
with the phone's limitations. The phone's database engine and processing
power are pretty limited so I'm not sure how much routing capability we're
going to get.