[Loadstone] installing maps

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sun Jul 16 07:15:44 BST 2006

Hello.
A step by step guide of how to install the point data is currently being
written. Hopefully this will be up on the site in the next day or so.
The software can be used without a gps receiver. If you have points loaded
then you can use exploration mode to look around. Unfortunately this
requires that you have been connected to a gps receiver at least once to get
a starting point.
The program also allows you to assign names to cell sites and this feature
doesn't require a gps receiver. This can be used to give you a general idea
of your location depending on the cell site in question. Depending on how
well covered your area is the accuracy of this can very widely.

Shawn