[Loadstone] australian maps?

Monty Lilburn monty_lsgps at bc.cx
Sat Jul 15 07:33:46 BST 2006

Hello Adam,

Welcome to the list!

Although I am not an expert on the HTC Universal, it is my understanding
that this device is a PDA that runs the Windows Mobile 5.0 operating
system.  At this time, Loadstone only will work on Symbian Series60
devices such as Nokia Smart phones etc.  Perhaps this device has a Synbian
O/S emulator onboard that will allow you to run Symbian programs?  Im
really not sure!  If you had a Symbian Smart Phone you might have better
success.

Regarding Australian points.  The best thing to do here is to visit the
PointShare Exchange on the Loadstone web site and see.  There wasnt any
Australian info last I checked.

All geographical mapping points used on Loadstone come from its users.
That is to say, if several people in Australia started using Loadstone and
were good about sharing points around then you would quickly have a huge
number of points.

Some times we get lucky and find public domain map data available and can
extract point information from there.  This has been the case for Canada,
the US and the UK.

Best regards,
   Monty