[Loadstone] extremely beginner question

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Wed Dec 20 09:41:26 GMT 2006

I don't know about the other keys on that particular phone model but the
character input is the same for all phones. You enter characters by hitting
the correct number of short presses on the appropriate key. So, 1 tap on 2
gives you a, two taps gives you b, and 3 taps gives you c, and 4 taps gives
you 2. The arrangement is: 2 a b c 2, 3 d e f 3, 4 g h i 4, 5 j k l 5, 6 m n
o 6, 7 p q r s 7, 8 t u v 8, 9 w x y z 9. 1 gives you various punctuation
characters and 0 is used for space. The * key gives you a menu of various
punctuation characters and # is used to switch between various modes. You
could probably just open up the notepad application and try playing with
this to get an idea of how it works.
Hopefully this helps and has made some kind of sence.