[Loadstone] Absolute or relative compass: suggestion.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Wed Dec 20 01:01:18 GMT 2006

If I understand this correctly you'd want the compass to rotate relative to
the current heading? This would make west left, east right, and so on. I
think that would get very confusing since normally compass directions are
fixed. This also goes for degrees. Having any function change behaviour
depending on speed would probably be confusing as well. If you're trying to
determine where you are having the key that tells you that change its
behaviour when you slow down would make things very difficult.