[Loadstone] Updated POI converter.

Rusty Perez rustys.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 17:22:13 GMT 2006

Hi Rob, I haven't looked at all of the files from poi factory either,
but some of the ones wrich interest me,places of worship, parks, these
I am pretty sure are very large. I think hospitals is large as well.
I understand the limitations of the on line tool, this is why I was
looking for a way to do some of the work before. The problem, as I see
it, with chopping up the files is that, for the churches file, it
contains I think 165000 points It would seem like a huge waste of my
time to make 17 files to convert, most of which will contain no useful
data to me. Since we cannot share this data, my work wouldn't even be
useful to another loadstone user.
Maybe I picked the largest files! Anyway, when I get back home, I'll
look at the files I downloaded and shoot you another email.
Thanks so much for working on this.
I hope that these large files are anomolie.