[Loadstone] Updated POI converter.

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Dec 11 23:49:45 GMT 2006

Rusty,

Give us an idea of the size of .csv files you are talking about. The limit
on the converter is 300 KB or 10 thousand points at the moment. For an
on-line tool that has to convert this 'on the fly' that's about it as far
as speed is concerned. To 'pre process' the downloaded .csv files you need
the same amount of work that is now put into converting. What's the problem
in splitting up the .csv files? Are you talking about megabytes? For as far
as I've seen files from POI-Factory most of them don't exceed the 300 KB
limit, but I haven't downloaded them all. I'd be happy to convert any
'huge' file and restrict it to an area you like, but the on-line tool just
doesn't handle MB files. Question of bandwith and processing power. I'm not
aware of any Windows based tool that would pre process .csv files the way
you propose.

Rob