[Loadstone] Updated POI converter.

Rusty Perez rustys.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 22:07:13 GMT 2006

Sorry rob and Monty, maybe I wasn't being clear.

As I understand it, the .csv files we get from places such as the poi
factory are not compatible with the points share database. If they
are, then we're good!

What I'd like to do is this. download a poi file from poi factory.
These files are typically huge, much more than the limits for the
converter Rob created.
So, before being able to convert portions of one of these huge files
to data useful in loadstone I need to shrink the files. My thought is
that it would be better to extract only the info I want from a file
I've downloaded, and only submit this portion of the file to be
converted to a file useful in loadstone.

So, as I see it there are three steps.

1. Download a file.
2. reduce the size of the file for use in the converter prefferably by
extracting the data which is useful to me.
3. feed the resultant file to the converter for conversion to a
loadstone database.

Is there a more expedient way?
Thanks!
Rusty