[Loadstone] Updated POI converter.

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Dec 11 15:50:39 GMT 2006

Hi there,

It sounds like you're trying to reinvent the wheel.  The PointShare
exchange site does exactly what you are describing - isolating a
subsection of points in a given area.

After you have a suitable csv file containing Loadstone's table structure,
just import it (upload) to the PointShare exchange site.  If it is private
data only for you, then set the priority field to equal 2.  Then you can
export based on whatever criteria you wish.

As for a simple way of sorting/manipulating a csv file, that really
depends on what Opperating System and application you are using.  In Linux
for example the grep command works quite well for this.  Not sure how you
would go about this in Microsoft Word though.

To sort/manipulate efficiently, you really need to use a database tool
which is exactly what the PointShare is!

Best regards,
   Monty