[Loadstone] Updated POI converter.

Rusty Perez rustys.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 15:26:29 GMT 2006

Hi again folks.
When editing a .csv file, what would be the best way to isolate only
the points in a particular area.
Say, for example, that I download a large file with data all over the
US. Well, I only want data for southern California. I wonder if
there's a way, before trying to convert the file, to isolate a
particular area.
I wonder if there's a way to sort a particular column, isolate a
particular subset of data--a particular range of latitudes--then sort
the file again by another column to isolate out only the longitude I
want.
This would make it much faster, only then converting the data I want.
Could this be done more quickly with an online tool? Will the newly
discovered conversion tool do this trick?

Any thoughts?

Rusty