[Loadstone] Fw: OT: Re: Some observations re points.

Stephen Giggar sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 10 15:52:52 GMT 2006

Well Ari Moisio

If that is the case; Show me one that is better. JAWS is a miserable attempt same goes for Window
eye's and MobileSpeak. If you think Talks is a miserably thing just to fix Eloquence; then you are
not using the dictenary to it's fullest and probably not at all! So you probably have no idea what
it is able to do. It is the most flexable that any screen reader has! Also keep in mind; The Talks
dictenary has nothing to do with Eloquence. It works with RealSpeak as well. So how can it be a
miserable attempt to fix Eloquence being it works with all the Talks TTS software?

What are you wanting it to do? correct spelling errors for you? That isn't what the dictenary is for
in Talks.

So you are saying that have your phone read out SA instead of Saturday is a Eloquence bug? You are
saying this is true for all the days of the week? You are saying that Eloquence saying DSN in place
of Data set name is a Eloquence bug? You are saying that Eloquence saying CICS in place of C I C S
is a Eloquence bug any ware it shows up in a word? You are saying Eloquence says recfm  in place of
Record Format is another bug? You saying saying Eloquence not says ipl in place of I P L is a
Eloquence bug?

I could go on and on. I don't see ware any of these are a miserable attempt to fix Eloquence being
none of them are any thing to do with Eloquence.

It comes down to how good and how much time you are willing to spend figguring out how to use the
tool to it's fullest.

The Talks dictenary can be made to say things correctly in LoadStone when you come to streets that
may not be showen the whole street name or have some characters in place of the whole name because
it is to long. Talks can correct that. That again would have nothing to do with Eloquence. Example:
I have seen Heights put as hgts. Now I can have Talks says it is Heights in place of HGTS. See
nothing to do with Eloquence.

Signed: Stephen Giggar
sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
Skype: dr-phone.