[Loadstone] Some observations re points.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Thu Dec 7 01:07:31 GMT 2006

You keep mentioning the approach speed setting, there's no such setting. I
assume you mean approach distance. The minimum on this is 10 meters. That's
about as accurate as you'd need with gps accuracy and the point's accuracy.
This gives you a radius of about 30 feet. Or do you mean approach time? The
minimum for this is 10 seconds. This is the primary setting that controls
point announcing.
All point names in Loadstone are lower case. This is to reduce the work load
on the database during point searches. I'm not surprised that talks wouldn't
handle abriviations propperly. I've been thinking of putting some handling
for this since it seems unlikely that talks will ever have a propper
dictionary manager.