[Loadstone] Some observations re points.

Aedan O'Meara aomeara at IOL.IE
Wed Dec 6 23:47:56 GMT 2006

Hi Shawn,
The other day I tried changing the approach speed setting to 02, it needs
the leading 0 to take, and hey presto the multiple calling of too many
points has ceased!
Is the restriction to 10 on this setting deliberate or is it a bug?
I know that one may need to increase the approach distance a bit to
compensate but the difference to performance is fantastic.
I no longer feel the need for a serial route as discussed before.
In close city use the speed definitely needs to be reduced. The setting of
10 seems to me to be more suitable to a rural setting.
On a totally different topic, I noticed that when naming a point Loadstone
doesn't allow capitalisation of the leading character. Is this deliberate?
The effect of this is that Talks will not say "Street" for "St." and this
means that I have had to spell out all points longhand., where abbreviations
would have done.
I notice that the # key is fixed on lower case in update mode. Is this for
any special reason?
The Data cable has not arrived yet - re turning off SN in Holux.
Regards
Aedan.