[Loadstone] File format problem.

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Dec 5 16:01:31 GMT 2006

Hello Gabriel,

First, can I suggest that you take a look at a file exported by Loadstone
or by the PointShare Exchange?  This will allow you to better understand
the format and requirements of a file suitable for importation into
Loadstone.

Two immediate problems spring to mind after looking at your example.

Although there are 8 columns, you only have data for 3.  (name, lat, lon)
You must include information for the other columns.  For your purposesyou
could probably set accuracy, satellites, and priority all to 0; userid to
match that of which is in the userid column in files exported by your
phone; and ID should be a unique number (a sequential counter).

The second problem I can see is that your longitude and latitude values
contain a decimal point.  If you look at exported examples these do not
contain a decimal point and are made up of the whole-number portion of the
lon/lat followed by the decimal portion of the lon/lat padded by zeros if
necessary to the 7th place.

HTH

Best regards,
   Monty