[Loadstone] Newbie import question

Deborah Norling debee at jfcl.com
Fri Dec 1 22:24:56 GMT 2006

I've tried several times to import a database from pointshare. My suspicion
is that I've selected too much data for the poor little 6620 to handle.

How big is the maximum reasonable size for the CSV file I can import? The
file imports slowly, and everything seems fine, but nothing happens when I
explore. The program does not lock up, it just won't explore. The menus
continue to work.

Creating my own database, marking my own points, exporting and importing
that work fine.  The problems are only  with files downloaded from
pointshare.

My work lat/lon and home lat/lon are below. For each I chose a radius of 8
miles and named the files nearWork.txt and nearHome.txt respectively.  I've
also shown below the file sizes.

Work is about 15 miles from my home in air miles.

When I tried to import bigger files with a 16 mile radius, Loadstone did
lock up.

Do I need less data? 8 miles seemed pretty reasonable.

I got the below numbers from Atlas Speaks but confirmed them with a sighted
DeLorme user.

--Debee

Deborah Norling

Cell: 408-921-5957

Email: debee at jfcl.com

Work: 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino, CA 95014 USA

Work Lat: 37.322809713577

Work Lon: -122.049629745097

nearWork.txt: 1,104,399 bytes (1.5MB)

Home: 1636 Fallen Leaf Dr., Milpitas, CA 95035, USA

Home Lat: 37.405765074029

Home Lon: -121.904532966160

nearHome.txt: 1,130,496 bytes (1.7MB)