[Loadstone] Holux data cable

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Fri Dec 1 13:51:23 GMT 2006

Hi Aeden,

With the clamp lifted from the internal nbattery your receiver went back to
factory settings. No way it will remember the trip you took it on. Best
wait for the cable to arrive and give it another shot. BTW, almanacs aren't
that important, they provide a means to find sats, but even without an
almanac your receiver will receive ephemirus data that is transmitted every
30 seconds. This data is valid for at least 4 hours, so the receiver knows
where it is by calculating the distance to the sats. On my AD750 receiver
the baudrates caused no problem, but since SN was turned off anyway I
didn't need to make any adjustments. I still think it's funny that even the
newer Holux's still show this behaviour of SN at 5 km. The latest rumors
were that they had turned it off. Wish you good luck on your next try.

Rob