[Loadstone] Holux data cable

Aedan O'Meara aomeara at iol.ie
Fri Dec 1 11:50:39 GMT 2006

Hi Shawn,
Yes, studying the lengthy tutorial in Rob's package it seems this
problem still persists with Holux v236. A lister in that tutorial
describes the same exact problem with the 236. One guy on that list was
so fed up he sold off his GPS and says he will come back in a few years
when we have it all sorted out!
Anyway, I found one source for the Holux data cable costing Pounds
sterling 13.95 in Hongkong and I have purchased that yesterday. Possibly
a few weeks before it arrives here.
I observed a funny behaviour today coming into work. Stage one of my
journey is pedestrian and gps behaved so well here in giving headings
that I began to think that SN was off. However, after the next stage, a
bus journey of three miles, and heading out on the last pedestrian part
of my journey, I had 10 sats but inspite of giving little "spurts"
(waiting for old ladies to go flying in all directions!) I could not get
any heading reading update until I went faster than 6kph!
I wonder if the Holux was influenced in some way in its almanac or
something after the bus ride to respond to a threshold higher than the
4kph?
Regards to all,
Aedan.