[Loadstone] From Commencement option

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Aug 24 21:18:14 BST 2006

Hi Brett,

When labeling a point in Navigation mode pressing Softkey 1 (options key)
will bring up two relevant choices while your GPS reciever is connected.

Choosing "From Commencement" will save the point with the longitude and
latitude coordinates that Loadstone recorded when you pressed the
NumberSign key.  This lets you press the NumberSign key and take your time
while entering a textual string to label the point.  This is probably most
useful while creating a point on the move.  If you only had the "save
using current" choice, and were moving at the time - by the time you
finished entering the text string and saving the point you could be quite
far from the intended location.

"Save using Current" will use the longitude and latitude coordinates
recorded by Loadstone once you press the "save using current" option.

To put it another way, "From Commencement" saves using coordinate
information from the initial NumberSign key press and "Save Using Current"
saves with information gathered when you finished entering the point
string and numeric values.

Hope that helped!
   Best Regards,
   Monty