[Loadstone] couple of things I have noticed

Ari Moisio arimo at netsonic.fi
Mon Aug 21 20:26:46 BST 2006

Hi!

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Jim Ruby wrote:

> Many times loadstone will report I am going north by north west and this
> will change even though the road did not curve. I need to watch
> direction more closely.

  GPS direction is not very accurate in slow speeds, for example walking.
  Because gps get heading information by compareing current and previous
position and there is always little positioning error heading is not not
accurate. Application program can of course use older position information
to calculate heading but this indroduces delay to heading calculation.

> Second many times loadstone will say the cross street before the street
> I am on so if you don't know the area well it can be a little confusing
  Afaik  Loadstone knows only intersections as points  and they have
  same name regardless the direction you are approaching that point

HTH
--
arimo