[Loadstone] issues noticed with loadstone

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Mon Aug 14 12:08:18 BST 2006

Hello.
These problems could be something to do with your phone's bluetooth
implementation but it's more likely that you have the phone paired with your
gps receiver. When you set up pairing with the gps receiver in the paired
devices section of your phone this seems to cause nothing but trouble. Quite
often the phone will try to connect to the gps by itself without any
application running. I don't know why it does this. This will result in an
already connected message when you start loadstone. This connection isn't to
loadstone, it just means that your bluetooth link has reached it's
connection limit. Unfortunately there's no way to disconnect that connection
from loadstone since it doesn't know anything about it.
As for turning bluetooth on, that's phone dependant as well. Some phones,
like my ngage, can have the bluetooth off but still make outgoing
connections. Others seem to need the bluetooth on. If you do a device search
then it'll ask to turn bluetooth on if it's off.
If you turn the gps off while in loadstone you'll get the clock stopped
ticking message. You may have to wait a few seconds for the disconnect to
fully complete. Then you can go to the gps menu and connect the gps again.