[Loadstone] Slightly OT: GPS Problem?

Goldfingas goldfingas at cox.net
Tue Aug 8 17:37:52 BST 2006

This is SIRF 3

GF

-----Original Message-----
From: loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com
[mailto:loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com] On Behalf Of Easy Talk
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 12:33 PM
To: General discussion pertaining to the Loadstone GPS program
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Slightly OT: GPS Problem?

It is basically the instructions that the software and the hardware/receiver
use to talk to each other.  In your documentation for your receiver, you
should find the protocol that your receiver is capable of.  Load stone only
supports the SIRF Star II and III protocol.  If your receiver doesn't
support either, then It may not work.  Depending on the software you are
using,  you might be able to set the protocol that the software uses to
connect and communicate with the receiver.  It seems that SIRF star II and
III are the major standards.  I have a Fortuna receiver that uses a protocol
called SIRFXTRAk that is suppose to give the best of both worlds in regards
to accuracy and low level reception.  So far I haven't been able to get the
Fortuna to work with anything that is accessible.

Do you all think Microsoft would donate their maps!!!!!!!smile

Robert