[Loadstone] Exploration Mode

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Mon Aug 7 01:54:50 BST 2006

This is normal behaviour for the exploration mode. This is because loadstone
is currently point based so there's no way to relate points to each other.
If you're trying to follow a street you may jump on and off it depending on
how straight the street runs. You can also get pulled off course by the
program jumping to other points of interest along the way. You can avoid
some of this by using the joystick. It'll let you look around before you
actually move. Up will tell you what's to the north, down to the south, left
to the west, and right to the east. Pressing the center will give you the
closest point in any direction. Since the joystick only has 4 directions
instead of 8 this can sometimes be inaccurate when trying to figure out what
key to hit to move to the point. We're working on a way to improve this.
In order to make the program stay on a street we'd need to have street line
data. We actually can get this for north america but unfortunately it would
make the database on the phone huge.