[Loadstone] Importing Points

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Mon Aug 7 01:20:20 BST 2006

Hello.
I'll try to address some of your comments. Since the database is community
driven we have to count on the users to upload points that make sence. As we
all know, there's no accounting for what some people will upload to a
database
or say on a mailing list. I tend to aggree that point names should make some
kind of sence but even a bad name is probably better than nothing at all. It
could also be that whoever entered some of these didn't know the exact name
of the place. This situation comes up if you go somewhere that you haven't
been before.
As for the database being cleaned, at the moment we have over 10 million
points in it. This would make any kind of manual cleaning a rather difficult
task. On the other hand, if anyone would like to volunteer for the job we
could probably set something up.
Since the point share site is still a work in progress, does anyone on the
list have any constructive suggestions on how we can make it better?

Shawn