[Loadstone] Importing Points

Matt Brown netmail at superquasar.plus.com
Sun Aug 6 09:53:09 BST 2006

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I tried setting up a POI's file yesterday, and I chose to view it before downloading, and I'm glad I did to be honest, because there were a large number of POI's with names like, A Tube Station in London, or, Sam and Michel's Flat, or, An Unnamed Pub.

I haven't even started to use this program yet, and I'm already frustrated that people are uploading completely pointless items to the database. I don't know, maybe Sam and Michel are more than happy for us Loadstone users to pop round for some fun, but I doubt it.

Isn't the database ever cleaned?

Surely this system will only work if people upload propper, sensible Points. An unnamed pub is a stupid name! It doesn't tell me where it is, it's address or anything! I think I even saw one for My Bus Stop! Points like that just waste everyone's time, and make the POI's files far bigger than they need to be.

Matt