[Loadstone] Importing Points

Jeff meganmh at sonic.net
Sun Aug 6 00:36:12 BST 2006

I downloaded a POI file from the Point Share Exchange site, and imported it
into Load Stone per the directions on the web site.

I used Load Stone to determine my Latitude & Longitude, with a radius of 5
miles.  I did not put anything into the Restrict Output to user name field
and
left all other items checked.  The file was 79 KB in size and took less than
5 minutes for Load Stone to import it.  My default file did increase in size
from around 4 KB to 83 KB, but when I go into Exploration Mode there are no
new points.  Just the points that I created.  Is 79 KB an average size?  Is
less than 5 minutes for the importing process sound right?  Should I try and
increase the radius?

 When you look for points in Exploration Mode how far out does it look?  Is
this value user definable?  Finally, I am able to edit an existing point,
but
have not been able to remove one completely.  Is there a way to do this?

 Thanks, Jeff