[Loadstone] Building point database on phone!

Stephen Giggar sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 4 20:45:24 BST 2006

I just wanted to pass this along to people that are having trouble with getting the *.TXT file to
inport into LoadStone.

After I got the file copied into the InportExport directory; I did the following.
1. Turned the phone into OffLine profile.
2. Turn off and turn on the phone. This iwll make sure that you have the most amount of memory free.
3. Bring up the LoadStone program.
4. Go into the options, file, Inport menu.
5. Arrow to your file that you want to inport. Do not press select YET!
6. If you are using Talks do a Talks followed by Long Clear or as load stone calls it the Shift key.
If using MobileSpeak do a Edit followed with 0. This will cause the screen readers to unload the
TTS. This will give Load Stone more memory to work with.
7. Wait about 10 seconds and then press select.

At this point the database will be built and make sure that you give the phone a few hours to build
it. Then you can reload the TTS.

Signed: Stephen Giggar
sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
Skype: dr-phone.