[Loadstone] Hi, a couple of questions!

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Fri Aug 4 11:41:19 BST 2006

Hi Matt,

Loadstone's primary function is to tell you where a point is.  How you get
there is up to you.  If you are on a bus or train, it willtell you when
you're approaching a stop/station if you have that point in your database.
If you are walking, it will tell you when you are approaching your
destination if it is in your database.  If you have multiple points
created and marked between your origin and your destination then you can
follow those intermediate points  until you get to your destination.

Even without intermediate points it is not that difficult to reach your
destination  - even if you haven't been there before.  As an example,
let's say you're walking  down a road  and your targetted point is at 11
o'clock.  Right there you know the point is ahead and on your left.  As
you continue walking, you observe that the heading changes from 11 o'clock
to 10 o'clock to 9 o'clock.  Once the target is at 9 o'clock, it's pretty
safe to say that you need to turn left and walk towards the target until
you are alerted you have arrived.

In order to use Loadstone, you need common sense and good orientation
and mobility skills.  Like the web site says, "Loadstone GPS is not for
everyone".

I live in the UK and only use Loadstone.  Have done for the past two
years!  It has helped me find countless targets that I otherwise would not
have been able to locate with out a navigational assistant.  I personally
like not having to carry around extra expensive/bulky pieces of equipment!

Loadstone is not a route planner.  If you need a route planner then I
would recommend Trekker or BrailleNote GPS.  Both of these products do a
fine job at route planning plus they have very good licenced maps.

Best regards,
   Monty