[Loadstone] Importing cells form MiniGPS

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Thu Aug 3 02:27:49 BST 2006

Hello.
You need all the fields in an imported file for things to work right. That
means for cells you need the mcc, mnc, areacode, and cellid. You especially
need the id and userid fields. These insure that every item in the database
is unique. The userid field is a crc16 calculated from the username you used
to register with the point share site. The id is a unique number, if
generated by the phone it's a representation of the time in seconds when the
item was saved.
The program may import files with missing fields but it'll probably cause
problems of some kind.
At some point there may be a program written that you could run on the
computer to generate loadstone files from other data sources. This is pretty
low on my todo list at the moment thoe. If anyone else out there wants to
write such a program that would be helpful.