[Loadstone] problem

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Aug 2 16:07:05 BST 2006

Hi Rob,

I haven't tried using a Fortuna GPS receiver perhaps others on this
list have.  One thing you could try is turning Power Saving off in the
Options/GPS/Commands menu.  This apparently works for some people!

As for the GlobalSat BT-338 that is what I have been using for the past 8
months and I like it quite a bit.  No complaints and I especially like the
auto-shutoff feature.  I would say 15 hours is about right.  I Normally
need to charge once every couple of weeks and that is using it on two 20
minute bus rides on work-days plus a few random walks here and there.

In terms of getting points from the PointShare Exchange, try entering your
zipcode into the following web form and it will return your coordinates:

http://www.isharemaps.com/products/isharemaps_on_demand/demo/single_address_geocoder.php

Then take those numeric values and feed them into the PointShare Exchange
form fields.  (only numeric here, plus/minus is OK, N/E/S/W is not)

I would start with a relatively small radius (like 5-10 miles)for your
first time to get used to the whole import/export thing.  Remember, resist
any urges to touch your phone while importing as it could cause database
corruption

Best regards,
   Monty