[Loadstone] problem

Easy Talk easytalk at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 2 15:16:47 BST 2006

Hi all,

My name is Robert and I am new to the list.  I have been going through the
process of reading all the documentation, installing the software on my
phone and pairing my Bt receiver with my Nokia 6670.  I understand the GPS
must be sirf star II or III.  I have a Fortuna Clip-on that uses what is
called sirfxtrak.  from what I understand in one protocol It does what sirf
star II and III do.  When I attempted to connect with the gps I got some
different messages.  One It seems the clock has quit ticking on your gps,
disconnecting.  Once it did connect for a very short time said no signal and
then the message above.  Does anyone know if I am just out of luck with this
receiver.  I ordered the Globalsat bt-338, does anyone have experience with
this GPS, the specs say it should work for 15 hours continuously.

I also attempted to download the Points but apparently I have the wrong
Longitude and Latitude for Tallahassee Florida.  When I looked at the file,
nothing sounded familiar  Does any one know what they are.  Do you get maps
with the points or is that a separate process.

Sorry for all the questions.  This is such a cool concept.

Robert