[Loadstone] importing points to your phone

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Aug 1 14:25:31 BST 2006

Hi Jim and others,

Many factors go in to how long an import takes.  your phone's CPU clock speed
and where you have Loadstone installed (phone memory or multimedia card)
all will effect importation times.

In my experience  a points text file with a size of 100KB could take
between 5 - 10 minutes on a Nokia 6600 (CPU=104MHZ) while importing to the
MMC.

While importing Loadstone will issue tones every once in a while to let
you know it is still hard at work importing the points.  Status messages
are also displayed but sometimes these are cut off or missed as the Screen
readers often do not get an opertunity to speak.

What ever you do, it is very important to leave your phone completely
allone while importing.  A key-press (even a screen reader command) can
mess up an import.

While importing, you are best off to go have a coffee, watch TV or do
anything that doesn't involve touching your phone.  For really big
imports, I let Loadstone do it's thing over night!

Luckally database imports don't happen too too often though I guess that
depends on how often you travel out of your home area!

Monty