[Loadstone] getting maps

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Tue Aug 1 04:28:12 BST 2006

Importing to the phone can be a very slow process. Depending on file size it
can take from minutes to hours. If you're writing to the memory card that'll
slow things down even more since mmc speed is very slow. If you have the
program installed to phone memory then that'll speed things up by quite a
bit. All this depends on your phone and how much memory you have. The newer
phones use the rsmmc and I think the speed on those is a lot faster. The
newer phones also tend to have more phone memory and a faster processor.
If you have the latest loadstone version, 0.60, you should hear a beep every
so often as it's importing. This will be a pretty short beep but at least
you'll know it's working.
If you import lots of data you may find the response time for queries goes
up as well. Again, this depends on your phone.